THE TEA CAPITAL
Bangladesh is known for its high quality tea that it exports to destinations around the world. Its main regions for tea production are Sylhet and Srimongal , with the Srimongal region considered the tea capital of Bangladesh. The two areas are approximately seventy kilometers way from each other and both are very popular tourist attractions. But there is more to Srimongal than just tea. It is a magical world of nature and forests with beauty beyond compare.
The first piece of breathtaking landscape that visitors will notice when coming to Srimongal, are the endless green hills smothered in tea gardens. The rolling plains of land lie quietly and seemingly untouched in all their splendor. The rubber garden and the lake of Srimongal instill peace and tranquility in the area that attracts visitors to this spectacular location. But the natural treasures do not end there. Visitors will also be able to visit the rejuvenating Madhobkhunda Waterfall and explore the fascinating stone quarry that is located at Jaflong. The Lawachara Forest is a majestic area that is perfect for bird watching enthusiasts. Various species of birds live in this dense green forest and visitors can look forward to seeing rare birds of Bangladesh, migratory birds and a few primates, such as the White-Browed Gibbon.
Opportunities to experience and discover tribal cultures and lifestyles are rare, and visitors are recommended to stop off at the Moniputi Tribal Village. The lifestyles and traditions of the Tripra and the Khashia can also be discovered here. Tea is only one of the many products that are cultivated in the Srimongal region. It is a region that is rich in fruits, such as oranges, lemons, pineapples and many others. Visitors to Srimongal are allowed to tour the Tea Factory and the Tea Research Institute and can walk amongst the workers in the tea plantation. You may be lucky enough to learn more about life as a tea plantation worker, their daily work routine and how they live.
Accommodation is available at the Tea Valley Resort and pricing is very reasonable. Many tour companies from nearby cities and towns such as Sylhet and Dhaka can arrange excursions and accommodation in the area. It is a wonderful and unique experience, and will create breathtaking memories that will be fondly treasured for years to come.
Have you ever enjoyed a good cup of tea? Come and see where your delicious tea comes from by visiting the ‘Tea Capital of Bangladesh’ where you can meet the people who work on the plantations as well as watch the day to day process of making the hot beverage that we all love.
On arrival at Dhaka you will transfer to the hotel. After lunch you will visit to National Parliament
House, Banngbandhu Museum, Novo Theater, Basundhara City /Jamuna Future Park and dinner at
Banani/ Gulshan Area restaurant.
After breakfast you’ll experience the full day sightseeing in Dhaka. During the trip you will visit Curzon
Hall, Sahid Minar, Star Mosque, Ahsan Manjil, National Museum, Lalbagh Fort and Dhakeshwari
Temple and New Market. Famous Dhakaya Biriani will be offered for lunch at a restaurant in old
Early morning check-out from the hotel and will transfer to Sreemangal, Sylhet. On the way you'll visit
the ancient capital of Bangladesh, Sonargon. During the visit you'll experience sightseeing at GOALDI
mosque of the 16th century, Famous PANAM City of 13th to 19th century and FOLK Museum. After
lunch, you'll start your journey towards Sreemangal. On arrival, check in and visit tea plantations,
rubber gardens, pineapple cultivation and markets. Overnight stay at the hotel in Sreemangal.
Today you will visit the Lawacharra rain forest which is a rich reserve of many rare species. It is an ideal
place for nature lovers and photographers, ButterFly collectors. Next you will visit the Khashia tribal village which is close. Then visit Monipuri tribal village and tea workers daily life. After lunch, you’ll visit the Madhabpur Lake and then drive to Sylhet. You will reach Sylhet in the evening. Overnight hotel in
After breakfast you will visit the Tamabil and Jaflong area. You’ll also visit the Khashia tribal family in
this area. In the evening you will have a walking tour of Sylhet city. You’ll visit the century-old Kin
Bridge built in the colonial period which is one of the main entrances to the city, Surma river, and the
shrine of Shah Jalal. Overnight stay at Sylhet.
Morning is free and easy. After checking out from the hotel, you will be transferred to Dhaka. Evening
you you can go shopping in different shopping malls around your hotel.
After checking out from the hotel you'll transfer to the airport for taking your flight back to Kolkata.
- Air Fare
- Flight Tkt
- Anything not mentioned in Package Inclusions
- No credits
- Please note that once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-mail as well as an SMS on your registered mobile number confirming your booking. However, if you would like to get in touch with us please call us on +91 (33) 46096143. We are open from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm, Mon-Sat.
- Please expect to receive your vouchers 72 hours before your departure date (subject to full payment of your package cost)
- Please note that these packages are customizable, which means that you will be able to make changes to the itinerary/activity if you so desire. The final payment will be calculated as per the activities reflecting on the website which will be outlined in the confirmatory e-mail sent to you
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar etc., are not included
- In case your package needs to be cancelled due to any natural calamity, weather conditions etc. Tripncare shall strive to give you the maximum possible refund subject to the agreement made with our trade partners/vendors
- If payment is not made as per the schedule provided in the first booking confirmation e-mail, Tripncare reserves the right to cancel the booking after attempting to get in touch with you. Refunds would be as per the package cancellation policy
- The passenger names in the booking form should be exactly as per passports. Tripncare will not bear any liability for the name change fee, if incorrect names and ages have been added at the time of booking
- Please note that if your package includes a flight which is a low cost carrier (Air Asia, Scoot Airlines, Air Arabia, Jetstar, Fly Dubai, Thai AirAsia, Air India Express, Tiger Airways) then baggage will not be included in the package. Baggage can be added as per your requirement at an additional cost depending on the airlines and destination. Our Travel Expert will attempt to get in touch with you within 24-hours after the booking has been confirmed for baggage addition
Please ensure that baggage requirements are given to our Travel Expert latest by 5 days before the date of departure
- Standard check-in time at the hotel is normally 2:00 pm and check-out is 11:00 am. An early check-in, or a late check-out is solely based on the discretion of the hotel
- In case the selected hotel is unavailable for booking, an alternate arrangement will be offered to the customer in another hotel of a similar category
- Certain hotels abroad may ask for a security deposit during check-in, which is refundable at check-out subject to the hotel’s policy
Kindly be on time for your activities, tours and transfers. Most countries are quite strict about following a schedule