Darjeeling and Sikkim
Sikkim is a tiny Indian state in the northeast that shares its borders with Bhutan, Tibet and Nepal. Tucked in the lap of Himalayas, Sikkim is home to jaw-dropping natural beauty and vivacious people. One the best place in India to escape from the chaotic city life, Sikkim will bring out the Zen in you with its peace inducing atmosphere. Other top tourist attractions in Sikkim include places like Khangchendzonga National Park, Rumtek Monastery and Nathula Pass. Regions like Lachung, Lachen, Pelling, Zuluk, Yuksom and Kalimpong are where you’ll see the sheer beauty of Sikkim. People often choose to include Darjeeling in their Sikkim holiday packages due to its proximity to Sikkim. If you plan on getting a complete experience of Sikkim then you should visit it during festival time, when the distinctive culture of Sikkim is most prominent.
On arrival at NJP Railway Station/Bagdogra Airport (IXB), you will be met by our driver who will assist you to board your vehicle for transfer to Darjeeling (About 70 Km / 2.5 hours drive). Also called Queen of the hills, Darjeeling is located at a height of 2042 meters. After completing a 3.5 hours journey check in at the hotel and spend the rest of the day at leisure. Halt in Darjeeling during night time.
Early in the morning, have breakfast and proceed for a city tour. First, go to the Tiger Hill to see a beautiful sunrise and Himalayan Ranges like Kanchenjunga, Mount Everest etc. Visit Ghoom Monastery, Then, continue your tour to reach the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (closed on Thursday), started by Tenzing Norgay after he climbed Mt. Everest, the Zoological Park (closed on Thursday), Tibetan Refugee Centre (closed on Sunday), Tenzing Rock, Gombu Rock, Tea Estate (from outside), Japanese Temple and Peace Pagoda. In the afternoon, explore the local shopping markets of Darjeeling. Relax as you spend a peaceful night in Darjeeling.
Complete your breakfast and transfer to Kalimpong. On arrival, check in at the hotel and rest for a while. Get set for a half-day city tour, which includes Mangal Dham, Deolo Hill, Dr. Graham's Homes, Durpin Dara Hill and the flower nursery. After this, head back to the hotel in Kalimpong for a peaceful night stay.
After a tasty breakfast, proceed to Gangtok. On arrival, check in at the hotel. In the afternoon, embark on a half-day city tour and visit interesting spots like Ban Jhakri Waterfall, Namgyal Institute of Tibetology (closed on Sunday), Dro-dul Chorten, Flower Exhibition Centre, etc. Relax during your night stay in Gangtok.
Have breakfast at the hotel and go for a full day excursion to Changu Lake which is 35 Kms from Gangtok at an altitude of 12,400 feet. The lake derives its waters from melting snows of the surrounding mountains. Legends have it that the lamas could forecast the future by studying the color of the lake’s waters. Ending the day with a visit to Baba Mandir, return to the hotel and stay overnight.
After breakfast checkout of the hotel and Reach the Bagdogra Airport / Railway Station for your onward connection or way back home.
- Anything not mentioned in Package Inclusions
- Any type of Personal expenditure
- Meals not mentioned in Meal Inclusions
NOTE :- Package is valid till 31st March 2022
- Please note that once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-mail as well as an SMS on your registered mobile number confirming your booking. However, if you would like to get in touch with us please call us on +91 (33) 4603 6143. We are open from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm, Mon-Sat.
- Please expect to receive your vouchers 72 hours before your departure date (subject to full payment of your package cost)
- Please note that these packages are customizable, which means that you will be able to make changes to the itinerary/activity if you so desire. The final payment will be calculated as per the activities reflecting on the website which will be outlined in the confirmatory e-mail sent to you
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar etc., are not included
- In case your package needs to be cancelled due to any natural calamity, weather conditions etc. Tripncare shall strive to give you the maximum possible refund subject to the agreement made with our trade partners/vendors
- If payment is not made as per the schedule provided in the first booking confirmation e-mail, Tripncare reserves the right to cancel the booking after attempting to get in touch with you. Refunds would be as per the package cancellation policy
- The passenger names in the booking form should be exactly as per passports. Tripncare will not bear any liability for the name change fee, if incorrect names and ages have been added at the time of booking
- Please note that if your package includes a flight which is a low cost carrier (Air Asia, Scoot Airlines, Air Arabia, Jetstar, Fly Dubai, Thai AirAsia, Air India Express, Tiger Airways) then baggage will not be included in the package. Baggage can be added as per your requirement at an additional cost depending on the airlines and destination. Our Travel Expert will attempt to get in touch with you within 24-hours after the booking has been confirmed for baggage addition
Please ensure that baggage requirements are given to our Travel Expert latest by 5 days before the date of departure
- Standard check-in time at the hotel is normally 2:00 pm and check-out is 11:00 am. An early check-in, or a late check-out is solely based on the discretion of the hotel
- In case the selected hotel is unavailable for booking, an alternate arrangement will be offered to the customer in another hotel of a similar category
- Certain hotels abroad may ask for a security deposit during check-in, which is refundable at check-out subject to the hotel’s policy
- Kindly be on time for your activities, tours and transfers. Most countries are quite strict about following a schedule