Meghalaya, the abode of clouds, is one of the most beautiful states in North-East India offering a variety of sights, activities, food and festivals to the tourists. Cherrapunji is famous for its rainfall, and it used to be the wettest place on Earth before the title was taken over by Mawsynram, which is less than 100 kilometres away from Cherrapunji. give it a very serene, beautiful look.
don’t forget to visit Asia’s cleanest village Mawlynnong. Asia’s cleanest village, The focal point of attraction of this village is the Sky Watch, which is a bamboo structure that offers sweeping views of the Bangladeshi plains from the top.
Arrive Guwahati airport and drive to Shillong (140 kms / 4 hrs drive approx). En route witness the Umiam Lake or Barapani - is the biggest artificial lake in Meghalaya in midst of sylvan hills adorned by Khasi pines & peerless beauty. Check-in Hotel and after refreshment if time permits visit Cathedral of Marry and Ward’s Lake. Evening free at leisure to explore the region on own. You may take a walk to the famous Police Bazaar for shopping. Overnight in Shillong.
After breakfast city tour in Shillong visit Ward’s Lake, Botanical Garden, Lady Hydari Park, 18 hole Golf Course, Zoo & The State Museum, Elephant Falls & Shillong Peak. Evening walk at Police Bazar for shopping. Night halt at Shillong.
Today drive to Cherrapunji (65km/1-2 hrs. approx) – the wettest place on the earth. At Cherrapunji visit Mawsmai Cave, Seven Sister Falls & Nohkalikai Falls. And overnight stay hotel at Cherrapunjee.
This morning proceed for Dawki(120Km/3hrs) near Bangladesh border and Mawlynnong (90km/2hrs. approx), this little colourful village is known for its cleanliness. Explore the Root Bridge, Sky Walk and Natural Balancing Rock. Back to shillong. Evening free for leisure. O/N at Cherrapunjee.
After breakfast check out from hotel and drive to Guwahati.Visit to Kamakhya Mandir darshan. O/N at Guwahati Hotel.
After breakfast check out from hotel and drive to Guwahati Airport / Railway Station for onward journey.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Anything not mentioned in Package Inclusions
- Any type of Personal expenditure
- Please note that once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-mail as well as an SMS on your registered mobile number confirming your booking. However, if you would like to get in touch with us please call us on +91 (33) 46036143. We are open from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm, Mon-Sat.
- Please expect to receive your vouchers 72 hours before your departure date (subject to full payment of your package cost)
- Please note that these packages are customizable, which means that you will be able to make changes to the itinerary/activity if you so desire. The final payment will be calculated as per the activities reflecting on the website which will be outlined in the confirmatory e-mail sent to you
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar etc., are not included
- In case your package needs to be cancelled due to any natural calamity, weather conditions etc. Tripncare shall strive to give you the maximum possible refund subject to the agreement made with our trade partners/vendors
- If payment is not made as per the schedule provided in the first booking confirmation e-mail, Tripncare reserves the right to cancel the booking after attempting to get in touch with you. Refunds would be as per the package cancellation policy
- The passenger names in the booking form should be exactly as per passports. Tripncare will not bear any liability for the name change fee, if incorrect names and ages have been added at the time of booking
- Please note that if your package includes a flight which is a low cost carrier (Air Asia, Scoot Airlines, Air Arabia, Jetstar, Fly Dubai, Thai AirAsia, Air India Express, Tiger Airways) then baggage will not be included in the package. Baggage can be added as per your requirement at an additional cost depending on the airlines and destination. Our Travel Expert will attempt to get in touch with you within 24-hours after the booking has been confirmed for baggage addition
Please ensure that baggage requirements are given to our Travel Expert latest by 5 days before the date of departure
- Standard check-in time at the hotel is normally 2:00 pm and check-out is 11:00 am. An early check-in, or a late check-out is solely based on the discretion of the hotel
- In case the selected hotel is unavailable for booking, an alternate arrangement will be offered to the customer in another hotel of a similar category
- Certain hotels abroad may ask for a security deposit during check-in, which is refundable at check-out subject to the hotel’s policy
- Kindly be on time for your activities, tours and transfers. Most countries are quite strict about following a schedule